Saturday 25 July 2015

Total Warhammer

Why? Why didn't they name it that? It's, like... right... there!

I realise I'm a little late on the ball here, but I simply can't wait for this behemoth to ruin my (already non-existent) social life. I mean, it's Total War and it's frickin' Warhammer, all baked into one delicious gaming cake. It's Total War: Medieval with orcs and fire wizards. It's the ultimate arm-seat general meets the place where it's always raining and you're there. It's taking a dump and eating at the same time (No? Just me?). What could possibly go wrong?`

"Ahem..."

Okay, fine. So it's also Creative Assembly, and they can be a bit, uhm... rocky? Yeah, rocky with their releases, that sounds about right. I mean, I personally haven't had much problems with any of their releases, but then again I don't play games like most other people. I roleplay and build stories, no matter the genre, so I tend not to notice things like crappy AIs or broken diplomacy. As long as I can build a nice story arch for my conquest of the known world, I'm happy. 

But there's no denying that most of their releases have been met with vocal criticism with regards to the stability of the game and the stupidity of the AI. The real question is, can they turn it around?

"Ahem..."

So now this is happening. It's not exactly news I suppose, the game was announced eons (in Internet terms) ago, and there's already been a cinematic trailer. But while cinematic trailers can be great for pants-pooping purposes, they rarely show us what the game will actually look like. Or rather, they never show us that. But now we also have an in-game trailer, and while it's obvious that it's refined and staged, it's still the first real look we're getting of the game engine. And yup, it's looking good! Don't believe me? Take a look for yourselves:


Anyone else throwing money at their screen, or is it just me? This has to be good. It just has to. If it's not, I'm out of here, off to live in some apocalyptic nightmare-landscape where you already expect the worst at all times and life never makes promises it can't deliver on. 

Maybe Detroit.

No comments:

Post a Comment